To enable pupils on the autism spectrum to achieve their potential by empowering and inspiring Wolverhampton schools to make inclusion a reality by helping them to build their capacity at strategic and operational levels.
- To facilitate the inclusion education of pupils on the autism spectrum within a mainstream setting.
- To provide advice and support to schools, pupils and parents, and the LA on all aspects of the autism spectrum in terms of curriculum access.
- To work collaboratively with school staff to develop confidence and skills in working inclusively with pupils on the autism spectrum.
- To work collaboratively with a range of multi-agency professionals (including speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, early years, educational psychologists) to provide ‘joined-up’ support and guidance for pupils, parents and staff in mainstream settings.
- To develop and co-ordinate a range of In Service Training provision for staff working with pupils on the autism spectrum.
- To work in partnership with the Local Authority in their arrangements for implementing the DfE SEN Code of Practice.
- To increase autism spectrum awareness, understanding and acceptance in Wolverhampton educational settings.